Gilbert Business Law Attorney
When you are starting a business or managing a business in Arizona, you are making decisions every day that affect the future, success, and reputation of your business. You want everything to run as smoothly as it can, but that can be difficult to do without a background or understanding of business law.
An experienced Gilbert business law attorney will have the knowledge and resources to help you run your business smoothly and deal with any business and legal challenges that arise. At the Law Offices of William D. Black, we work closely with our clients, get a full picture of their business goals and vision, and provide legal guidance to help facilitate the long-term growth and profitability of their business. To find out more about how we can assist you, contact our Gilbert business lawyers to schedule a free and confidential case review. Call (602) 265-2600 today.
Overview of Business and Commercial Law
Business law and commercial law are two areas of legal practice that significantly overlap. Business law focuses on all aspects of a business, from forming a business to running it, while commercial law regulates the sales and distribution of goods and services, as well as the related financial transactions.
Common Types of Business Law
Business law covers a vast area of law and can include restrictions on deceptive business practices, environmental regulations, and contracts.
Here are some of the most common types of business law:
- Intellectual property: This area of law protects the rights of the owners and creators of intellectual property. It includes patents, copyrights, trade secrets, and trademarks.
- Tax law: Businesses may have to pay several kinds of taxes, including income taxes for the profits of the company, sales tax on services or products, property tax on any real estate owned by your business, and many others.
- Employment law: This area of law involves the employee-employer relationship, pay requirements, workplace safety, discrimination, termination, and hiring.
- Antitrust: Also known as competition laws, these types of laws promote competition but prevent monopolies and other unfair or deceptive practices by businesses.
Why You Should Hire an Experienced Gilbert Business Lawyer
A Gilbert business law attorney can help you manage all aspects of your business, from commercial real estate to intellectual property law. This includes, but is not limited to, helping:
- Properly draft and review contracts, including non-disclosure agreements if you have a need for certain information to remain confidential
- Decide what type of entity is best to use in your Arizona business formation. The most common options are sole proprietorship, general partnership, limited partnership, LLC, C corporation, or S corporation, but an attorney can help you weigh your options and figure out which business structure would best serve you.
- Develop employee policies for your new business that reduce your risks and prevent employment issues
- Represent you and your best interests when legal disputes come up with business partners or other entities
- Negotiate commercial leases for your business office space
- Avoid issues that could arise from taxes
- Answer any questions you have regarding your business
At the Law Offices of William D. Black, our founding attorney William D. Black has thirty years of experience successfully helping clients with their business and legal needs. Our Gilbert business law attorneys can provide you with the experienced, cost-effective representation that you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation or call (602) 265-2600 to learn more.
Century Link Tower
20 East Thomas Road, Ste. 2200
Phoenix, AZ 85012
Main Office - Kierland Corporate Center
7047 East Greenway Parkway, Ste. 250
Scottsdale, AZ 85254