Tempe Business Sales and Acquisitions Attorney
The Law Offices of William D. Black is a trusted source of legal representation for individuals and businesses in Tempe and throughout the State of Arizona who are looking to purchase or sell business entities. Our founder and lead attorney has earned the respect and admiration of his peers through the success achieved in his professional life. Our law firm has everything that you need to buy, acquire, sell or transfer a business in Tempe law while protecting your rights. Contact us today for a free consultation with a Tempe business sales and acquisition attorney.
Why Choose Us?
- We have more than 30 years of experience representing clients in business and commercial law cases in Tempe and throughout Arizona.
- Our Tempe business litigation attorneys can represent you during alternative dispute resolution as well as a trial in Maricopa County.
- Our attorneys will take the time to get to know you and your business goals. Then, we will personalize our legal strategy to get you the best possible results.
What Is a Business Purchase and Sales Agreement?
A business purchase and sales agreement, also referred to as just a business purchase agreement or transfer agreement, is a legal contract that transfers the ownership of a company from the seller to a buyer. This legal document contains the terms of the sale, purchase or transfer of the business entity. This type of document can also be used to buy or sell a piece of commercial equipment, asset, building or stock.
The purchase or sale of a business in Arizona has a complicated legal process. It begins with a letter of intent, which will lead to a legally binding purchase agreement being drafted. The standardized provisions of a business purchase agreement include the names of all involved parties, a description of the business, the financial terms of the transaction, a definition of the type of sale, all assets included and excluded, covenants, transfers, third-party brokers, and warranties.
How a Business Sales and Acquisitions Lawyer Will Help
With more than 30 years of experience in business and commercial law, attorney William D. Black has the knowledge and resources that you need for the successful purchase or sale of a business in Tempe. Our law firm can carefully analyze your business purchase and sales agreement, draft this document on your behalf, give you sound legal advice about your business ventures, and/or help you achieve your goals as a buyer or seller. You can rest assured that your business sales and purchase agreement attorney will protect your rights and interests through every phase of the process.
Frequently Asked Questions About Business Purchase and Sales Agreements
- Can a buyer back out of a business purchase agreement? Yes, until he or she has signed the agreement, a buyer can back out and decide not to go through with the sale. However, buyers must complete several preliminary steps before signing that can safeguard both parties.
- Should your business purchase agreement include a confidentiality clause? A confidentiality clause in your letter of intent could help you protect your business if a buyer backs out of the sale. With this type of clause, the buyer cannot disclose your confidential information to a third party whether or not the sale goes through.
- Is the purchase price of a business negotiable? This depends on the circumstances and seller. If you wish to negotiate with the seller to try to obtain a better price, seek assistance from a business law attorney at the Law Offices of William D. Black. We can help you negotiate a purchase and sales agreement before signing.
Speak to a Tempe Business Purchase and Sales Agreements Attorney for Free Today
Before you sign a business purchase or sales agreement in Tempe, Arizona, bring it to our business sales and acquisitions attorneys for a careful review. Our business lawyers can help you with all stages of the sale or purchase of a business entity from either side of the transaction. We will personalize your legal services to help you achieve your unique business goals.
Learn more about how we can help you with a business purchase and sales agreement by requesting a free consultation with an attorney. Contact us at (602) 265-2600 or by submitting an online query through our website and we will get back to you as soon as possible.