Scottsdale Contract Review and Breach of Contract Attorneys
Contracts are an unavoidable part of doing business in Arizona. How you handle your contracts can decide whether they ultimately help or hurt your business. With assistance from the Law Offices of William D. Black, you can reduce your odds of contract disputes and breaches of contract with thorough contract reviews and top-quality negotiations. If your Arizona-based business is already dealing with an issue involving a contract, we can represent you during a dispute.
Contact us today for more information about how our services can benefit your business contracts in Scottsdale. Initial case consultations are always free and confidential.
Common Types of Business Contracts in Scottsdale, Arizona
A contract is a legally binding agreement signed by two or more parties. It sets the terms of an agreement, as well as – in some cases – the consequences for breaking the contract. The power that a contract has depends on its purpose and provisions. It must be deemed legal and valid in the eyes of Arizona law to be enforced. Many types of contracts are involved in running a business in Scottsdale, including:
- Partnership agreement. A contract between two or more business partners that details the relationship between the parties and the responsibilities that each has accepted.
- Non-disclosure agreement. A legally binding agreement not to share any business plans or intellectual property with others, such as competitors or potential investors.
- Non-compete agreement. An agreement not to compete with a former employer after leaving a job, typically for a certain period of time.
- Indemnity agreement. This protects a business from liability for any burden loss or damage. It can be helpful when dealing with commercial and legal contracts.
- Property lease agreement. A contract that lays out the terms and provisions of a rental agreement between a landlord and commercial tenant.
- Employment or contractor agreement. A document that clarifies the relationship between the worker and the company, with details such as compensation, benefits and grounds for termination.
These types of contracts and many others may play an important role in the operation of your business in Arizona. If you need any of these contracts reviewed by an experienced legal professional or assistance with a breach of contract in Scottsdale, we can help. Attorney William D. Black has been successfully representing business clients in Arizona since 1979.
What Is a Breach of Contract?
A breach of contract means that one of the parties involved in a contract has failed to fulfill its terms. This could be an employer, employee, landlord, tenant, contractor, supplier or a number of other parties. If there has been a breach, it means a party has violated or broken the legally binding document through an action or omission.
A breach of contract could refer to the underperformance of an employee or contractor, the failure of a supplier to make good on his or her promises, the violation of a non-disclosure agreement, or other issues that go against the terms of a contract. If you are involved in a breach of contract dispute in Scottsdale, you could be facing a difficult and challenging legal battle.
A breach of contract case can be especially tough if the contract is ambiguous in its language, meaning the terms are not clear or specific. The contract attorneys at the Law Offices of William D. Black can help you navigate the nuances of your case from the very first sign of a breach. We can help you respond to a summons or file a complaint of your own in Maricopa County.
Contact Us for a Free Contract Case Review in Scottsdale, Arizona
An experienced and knowledgeable attorney in Scottsdale can review a business contract on your behalf and/or represent you during a breach of contract case in Arizona. Our lawyers will tailor your legal services according to your unique needs and put decades of experience to work on your behalf. Contact us online or call (844) 224-0054 (toll-free) or (480) 680-8519 (local) to request a free case consultation in Scottsdale at the Law Offices of William D. Black.
Century Link Tower
20 East Thomas Road, Ste. 2200
Phoenix, AZ 85012
Main Office - Kierland Corporate Center
7047 East Greenway Parkway, Ste. 250
Scottsdale, AZ 85254