Phoenix Will/Trust Contest Attorney William D. Black
The declining health or death of a family member can bring out the worst in some people. Greed, lingering grudges and harbored animosities can lead to tense and emotional squabbles between family members or expectant heirs over a loved one’s estate. Sometimes this occurs even before their death. When your loved ones execute a will or establish a trust, upon their death, they expect their wishes to be carried out consistent with their testamentary documents. Quite often, however, their true wishes may not be honored, leading to family strife, mistrust, and in some cases, litigation.
Attorneys from The Law Offices of William D. Black in Phoenix and throughout the State of Arizona represent clients in the Phoenix metropolitan area and throughout the state in a broad range of inheritance disputes. Many of our clients live outside the state of Arizona, but have parents or other relatives who resided in Arizona. The probate litigation lawyer who safeguards your interests in these matters is our founder, William D. Black. Practicing for more than 30 years, he is a skilled negotiator and litigator of his clients’ rights in probate and trust disputes of all kinds.
Through our considerable experience, we understand that probate disputes often require creative and innovative solutions to protect and advance our clients’ interests. We work hard to successfully manage and control the difficult and emotionally-charged issues which often arise in these probate disputes.
Inheritance disputes can be difficult to process and are often hard-fought in the courtroom. We have the experience and expertise needed to process these cases successfully. We are skilled at negotiating settlements, but will aggressively pursue your claims if the case must be litigated.. Mr. Black routinely works with seasoned experts in tax law, accounting, investments, and medicine to provide his clients with the professional expertise they need to protect and advance their rights and interests. Depending on the case, Mr. Black may work on an hourly fee basis, a contingency fee basis or a combination of the two. Please see his section on attorney’s fees for more information.
Your initial complimentary consultation with Mr. Black is as close as your phone: 602 265-260 or toll-free at 844-224-0054. You can also reach him by e-mail.
Is Your Inheritance Dispute Dividing Your Family?
Our trusted boutique law firm is highly familiar with all issues that can lead to disputes in probate and trust administration, such as:
- Will contests
- Lack of testamentary capacity— arguing that Alzheimer’s, dementia or another condition prevented the person from signing a valid will and/or trust
- Undue influence — convincing a dying person to exclude other legal heirs from the will or reduce their shares
- Trust litigation
- Abuse of power of attorney
- Reformation or termination of a trust
- Conservatorships and guardianships
- Claims against fiduciaries, personal representatives and executors
- Financial exploitation of vulnerable adults
- Probate disputes relative to business ownership and succession
- Third-party claims against trusts or estates
- Interpretation of wills and trusts
- Asset distribution
- Beneficiaries rights
- Claims relating to improper conveyance of real estate
- Mysterious last-minute changes to a will — typically implicating a caregiver with an agenda
- Lost property — recovering property taken from the estate by caregivers, children or the personal representative
- Intestate litigation — disputes over the wishes of family member who died without a will
William D. Black is an experienced Arizona civil litigation attorney who has successfully processed numerous probate litigation cases. If you were suspiciously excluded from a will, or believe that a family member is stealing assets, or have other doubts about the propriety of certain probate or trust proceedings, The Law Offices of William D. Black can help you to uncover the truth, re-establish your rights and recover money to which you are justly entitled. Also, if you are serving as personal representative of a will, trustee of a trust or in some other capacity relating to an estate and are falsely accused of breach of fiduciary duty, negligence or some other malfeasance, we can evaluate your case and possibly provide legal assistance in your defense.
Contact us today at 602 265-2600 or at this toll-free number 844-224-0054 or contact us on-line.